The Rockford Fire Department provides firefighting, emergency medical service, hazardous materials mitigation, extrication, and technical rescue services to the 150,000 city residents. Annually, the department responds to over 24,000 emergency incidents and maintains an ISO Class 2 rating. The city is protected by nine engine companies, three quint companies, one ladder company, and seven ALS ambulances housed at fire stations strategically located throughout Rockford.
Click on the link below for the Rockford Fire Department 2013 Annual Report
Annual Report 2013
For more Department statistics, click here.
Winter Safety Message
The Rockford Fire Department would like to share some quick tips to ensure your family's safety during these record cold days:
- Make sure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working and located near sleeping areas. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is odorless, colorless, and otherwise undetectable to the human senses; people may not know that they are being exposed. That is why a detector is so critical.
- Space heaters need space- if you choose to use a space heater, make sure it is not left unattended and 3 feet of clearance is maintained around it at all times.
- If you have a fireplace, always use caution and be sure to dispose of the ashes in a metal container with a lid.
- Do not use outdoor heaters or ovens to heat your homes.
- Use caution with extension cords and remember these are only designed for temporary use.
- Have a safety kit in your vehicle that includes additional clothing, jumper cables, shovel, and blanket.
- Remember to properly dispose of your Christmas tree and when removing lights, check for any frayed cords or other issues.
- Also, think about fire hydrants near your home. Be sure to maintain a 3 foot clearance around it to ensure it is easy to locate and use in an emergency.
Please call the Rockford Fire Department Fire Prevention Division at (815) 987-5660 for more information.
Click on the link below for a list of warming centers in the Winnebago and Boone Counties (November 2013-April 2014)
- Rockford Fire Department Accreditation
- Fire Prevention Bureau